Soil Association Limited 67th Annual General Meeting 2013
The Annual General Meeting of members of the Soil Association took place on Wednesday 9 October at Central Hall, Storey's Gate, London SW1H 9NH.
Our President Monty Don made a passionate call to arms at the AGM, saying soil degradation is the biggest potential disaster facing us all. Listen below.
Our Chief Executive Helen Browning reviews the work of the Soil Association over the past year. Listen below.
4.30pm Registration and tea
*see ‘Notes to agenda items’
- The meeting will open with half a minute’s silence
- Appointment of the chairperson for the meeting
- Apologies for absence
- Minutes of the 66th AGM held on 1 November 2012
- Results of the election of Trustees 2013*
- Resolution: To adopt the annual accounts for the year ending 31 March 2013 and treasurer’s report*
- Resolution: To re-appoint Baker Tilly, for the year 2013/14*
- Annual report on Soil Association matters
- Address by Soil Association President
- Any other business
- Close of AGM
Notes to agenda items
Agenda item 5
Particulars of candidates and voting information is available on the ballot paper enclosed with Living Earth or at www.soilassociation.org/councilvote
Agenda item 6
A summary statement of financial activities and the treasurer’s report for the year to 31 March 2013 are detailed in Living Earth. Full copies of the report and consolidated financial statements for the Soil Association Limited will be available for inspection at the AGM or may be obtained on request from the General Secretary.
Agenda item 7
It is recommended that Baker Tilly be re-appointed as the Soil Association auditors for 2013/14.
Agenda items 6 and 7
If you are not attending the AGM in person you may vote on the resolutions in agenda items 6 and 7 by proxy. Please use the form enclosed with Living Earth for this.
Summary minutes of the 66th AGM
Held on Wednesday 1 November 2012 at Rudolf Steiner House, London