What sample sizes do you require for the judging?
We will require 2 samples of each product entered. For most products, this will be 2 items, packs, jars, tins, bottles or cans. Below are some more specific sample sizes for fresh products:
- Cheese - min 1kg piece
- Milk - 2 pints/litres
- Butter/Yoghurt/Cream/Ice Cream – 500g
- Eggs – 6
- Fruit, Salad and Vegetables - Enough for 4 generous servings per vegetable type.
- Beef - 1.5kg rolled sirloin x1
- Veal - 500g escalopes
- Lamb/Mutton - Min 1.5kg leg on bone x2
- Pork - 1.5kg rolled boned loin x1
- Poultry - 2 whole birds
- Fish and Seafood - 2 items or 500g
N.B. Other cuts of meat, for example steaks, chops, chicken breasts or legs, will be entered into the ‘Prepared Meat’ sub-category, F-17.