Nomination for elections to Council 2013/2014
An election will be held this year for two places on the Soil Association Council, one of which is for the devolved nation of Wales. Because two trustees retired a year early in 2012, only two general members of council are due to step down this year. We are working on re-aligning the rotation so that a third of general council members retire each year. The trustees who are at the end of their terms and eligible for re-election this year are:
- Martin Fitton (Devolved Nations’ Member Wales)
- Graham Harvey
- Phil Haughton
We are seeking nominations for candidates to stand for election for the following seats on the Soil Association Council:
- Two General Members of Council
- One Devolved Nations’ Member of Council (Wales)
- Nomination papers should be completed in CAPITALS please and returned by 7 June 2013 to:
The General Secretary of the Soil Association
Bristol BS1 3NX
- Each nominee must be a fully paid-up individual member of the Soil Association.
- Each nomination must be accompanied by a letter from the nominee giving permission for his/her name to be put forward, and a biographical note on the nominee (200 words maximum). This note should also outline how the nominee’s skills and experience could be of benefit to the Soil Association and its members. Nominees who wish to stand as the Devolved Nations’ Council member for Wales are asked to specify this in their letter.
- Each nomination must be proposed and seconded by fully paid-up members of the Soil Association.
- The election will be held by postal and electronic ballot. Ballot and AGM papers will be sent out early September 2013 in Living Earth magazine.
- The results of the ballot will be announced at the AGM, which will take place on 9 October 2013.