Tutor and Valehead Farm Market Garden Manager
11 July 2012
Glasshouse College in Stourbridge, West Midlands is one of three specialist colleges operated by Ruskin Mill Trust offering both day and residential provision. We have expertise in working with young people aged 16-25 with complex behaviour and learning difficulties and disabilities, including autistic spectrum conditions, whose needs cannot be met elsewhere. We provide experiential education developed out of the inspiration of Rudolf Steiner, William Morris and John Ruskin.
TUTOR AND VALEHEAD FARM MARKET GARDEN MANAGER
Tutor Grades MS1 : MS4
Salary £18,600 - £27,850 per annum
In addition responsibility allowance: 2 points an additional £1,000 per annum
Salary dependant on qualifications and experience
40 hours per week. 52 weeks per year
Based at Valehead Farm, Kinver
We are seeking to appoint a committed, enthusiastic person to manage the day-to-day running of Valehead Market Garden and to organise appropriate work for students, volunteers, apprentices and staff using biodynamic agriculture principals and methodology.
Main Duties will include:
• To oversee and manage the planning, production and distribution of fruit, vegetables and herbs:
• To work with biodynamic principals and methodologies and integrate them into all aspects of the operation at Valehead Market Garden:
• To meet requirements for Demeter certification (biodynamic status), maintaining records and all other documentation required for annual inspection;
• To produce a proposed budget showing planned income and expenditure, monitoring against planned budget;
• To develop coherent distribution channels for produce.
• To integrate and teach youngsters with social and learning difficulties within the context of the market garden,
• To play an active role in the biodynamic apprenticeship scheme, ensuring apprentices receive the appropriate teaching and support within the market garden.
• To ensure that RMT’s Health and Safety framework is followed during all activities undertaken as part of Valehead Market Garden operation.
To undertake this position successfully you will have:
• Experience of working with learners with learning difficulties and / or learning disabilities;
• Skills and knowledge of biodynamic horticulture principals and methodology;
• A hands-on approach to work is essential.
• Early morning, evening and weekend working will sometimes be required.
Applicants for tutoring posts must hold, or be working towards or prepared to work towards relevant teaching qualifications in accordance with government regulations.
Closing date: Monday, 23rd July 2012 at 12pm
To request an application pack, please contact: Rebecca Watson, Department of Human Resources, Glasshouse College, Wollaston, Stourbridge, DY8 4HF. Telephone 01384 399470 or email firstname.lastname@example.org