Follow up session on antibiotic use within organic farms
28 February 2013 10:00 - 28 February 2013 14:00
Wood Farm, Wroughton, Swindon SN4 9BZ
Chris Gosling of Berkeley Dairy Farm has kindly agreed to host the group at her home unit Wood Farm. We will meet at 10am with a wrap up and lunch, Chris has kindly agreed to supply us with soup and a pasty, around 1pm.
The agenda is quite flexible with a farm walk and time for plenty of time for discussion around the records we hope you will all bring along covering the following basic points:
- Monthly rolling cell counts for three month periods, covering the past 24 months if possible to demonstrate any farm specific trends.
- Mastitis cases over the past 24 months.
- Antibiotic use, both dry and milking cow treatments over the past 24 months.
- Any other antibiotic use over the past year.
- Use of fertility treatments to the herd.
We will discuss each farm and the issues/strategies it has as well what each farm is doing to reduce their use of antibiotics. This session will be facilitated by William Waterfield, a dairy specialist with The Farm Consultancy Group. If you have any questions about this session please contact either myself or William prior to the day.
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 914 2400 if you would like to attend so we can ensure Chris has the right amount of soup, pasties and tea.