Out to Lunch infographic - text only version
Children's menus aren't making the grade
We surveyed 21 of the biggest and most popular restaurant and pub chains serving up food to children to find out what’s on the menu and whether service is up to scratch.
40% of parents eat out with their children at least once a fortnight
How parents rate children’s food:
What's on the menu?
1st Jamie's Italian
21st Burger King
- Only1 provides children’s cutlery.
- 13 do not offer different sized portions of children’s meals.
A healthy choice?
- Only 1 offers children’s portions of adult meals as standard.
- 10 don’t offer a pudding with a portion of fruit in it
Fresh food you can trust?
- Only 1 could reliably tell parents where their meat comes from.
- 12 have the usual suspects like chicken nuggets and burgers in all or a majority of their meat dishes
What do parents want to see improved?
- Child portions of adult meals.
- More meals to choose from.
- More food cooked from scratch on site.
Help change children’s food at www.soilassociation.org/outtolunch
Share your experience by tweeting @organixbrands using #OutToLunchUK and join in at www.facebook.com/organixfood