Bread Matters daily bread
Starts: 18 January 2014 09:30
Ends: 18 January 2014 17:00
Macbiehill Farmhouse, Lamancha, Near Edinburgh
This course is for
- people who have baked a bit (perhaps in a breadmaker) but don’t feel very confident about the process
- cake bakers who would like to get into bread
- those who’d like to make real bread for their family and would like a helping hand to get started.
You will learn
- how easy it is to make basic loaves without additives or special tricks
- what flour to choose to get the flavour, texture and nourishment you want
- how to get yeast working reliably without anxiety and why ‘sourdough’ is a great way to make bread
- how kneading produces light loaves - and how some great breads can be made without it
- shaping, rising and baking methods and tips for cutting, serving and storing your bread
- how to develop your new-found skills.
You will make and take home
- four different loaves that you have made with your own hands with expert guidance
You will also get
- a signed copy of Bread Matters by Andrew Whitley
- coffee, lunch and tea (all organic, with much of the food grown on the Macbiehill smallholding)
20% discount on any course booked and paid for in full before 30th September 2013. Please telephone 01968 660 449 or email Andrew@breadmatters.com to book and quote your Soil Association Membership Number to get your discount.
Please visit our website for further details: www.breadmatters.com