The Soil Association, in partnership with the Mid Wales Food and Land Trust, is establishing farmers' markets in school playgrounds. This is a LEADER funded project working with ten schools in the Central Warwickshire Villages Leader Area.
Find out what's been happening in Warwickshire...
Participating schools and market dates 2013
In the Central Warwickshire Villages Leader Area we have worked with the following schools to set up school farmers’ markets. 2013 market dates as follows...
- All Saints C.Of E. (VA) Primary School, Leek Wootton CV35 7QR - next market Wednesday 22 May
- Barford St Peter’s Primary School, CV35 8EW - first market Saturday 6 July
- Binley Woods Primary School, CV3 2QU
- Bishop’s Tachbrook Primary School, CV33 9RY - first market Friday 10 May
- Clifton upon Dunsmore Primary School, CV23 0BT - next market Friday 28 June
- Dunchurch Junior School, CV22 6NE - first market Thursday 20 June
- The Ferncumbe C.Of E. Primary School, CV35 7EX - next market Friday 12 July
- Provost Williams C. of E. Primary School (Ryton on Dunsmore), CV8 3FF
- Wolston St Margaret's Primary School, CV8 3HH
- Wolvey Primary School, LE10 3LA
This intiative is a partnership between the Soil Association and the Mid Wales Food and Land Trust. The Soil Association was instrumental in bringing farmers' markets to the UK in 1998 and the Mid Wales Food and Land Trust set up their first school farmers' market in 2005. Together we hope to build on this experience and create a whole new way to enjoy local food.
If you need any further information, please contact Faye Walters on 07810 887460 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This project is part financed by the European Agricultural Fund for European Development 2007-13: Europe investing in rural areas.