Optimising output - efficient resource use (SFIN)
31 October 2013 10:00 - 31 October 2013 14:00
Pittarthie Farm, Anstruther, Fife
This is a half-day on-farm event looking at a range of features which can enable more efficient and integrated use of resources for optimizing output. Pittarthie is an award-winning farm which successfully combines a productive and sustainable farming business with the conservation of wildlife and natural resources. We will discuss a range of topics and see practical examples of:
- Hedgerow and woodland management, and how this can have benefits for soil and water management as well as livestock and wildlife
- Benefits of riparian buffers, wild bird cover strips and wildlife corridors
- Low input livestock breeds
- Resource saving tips – practical examples of things which can save you time and money, including precision sprayer, solar powered water trough, small scale renewables
- Available support and associated challenges
There will also be time for discussion over coffee and cake. As this event runs over lunchtime please bring a packed lunch.
This event is free of charge to farmers and growers, and £40 to others. Please note that places are limited as group size will be restricted, therefore booking is required.
For further information please call Colleen on 0131 666 2474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This programme is supported by the SRDP Skills Development Scheme, Duchy Originals Future Farming Programme, Forestry Commission Scotland and Zero Waste Scotland.