Pest and Disease Management for Organic Farmers, Growers and Smallholders
Only £23 (rrp £25)
Pest and Disease Management for Organic Farmers, Growers and Smallholders is a comprehensive book covering all aspects of the subject in temperate areas. Incorporating the most up-do-date thinking on organic pest and disease management, it is an essential reference work for all those wishing to develop a good understanding of the subject.
The authors provide a practical guide to organic pest and disease management practices. They advocate a whole-farm approach too pest and disease management, which uses rotations and the full farm landscape to manage pest and disease outbreaks.
The book covers:
- The scientific principles underlying pest and disease management in organic systems
- Long-term preventative methods, based on sensitive landscape management, and shorter-term reactive measures
- The cost implications of different approaches
- The monitoring and decision-making processes that farmers and growers should use
- The key pests and diseases of field vegetables, cereals and green manures, and their management in organic systems