Best value for its Tesco Organic Salted Butter
Our judges said, "Delicious, smooth, creamy flavour, lovely colour & sweetness."
The butter costs £1.60 for a 250g pack.
Arla Foods is the world's largest supplier of organic dairy products. In the UK, Arla have an organic working group which consists of four famers and three representatives from Arla Foods, and they also hold an annual organic producer meeting.
Arla believe that sustainability is central to corporate responsibility. They have set themselves challenging targets such as reducing their CO2 emissions by 34% by 2020.
Arla Foods and its supplying farmers are committed to ensuring the highest animal welfare standards and Arla supports members to ensure that they comply with the Assured Dairy Farm Scheme, legislation relating to quality, traceability, hygiene and animal welfare.
An integral part of the scheme is a herd health plan, which is a detailed plan of preventative healthcare and protocols as well as a recording system to monitor herd health and welfare. This includes protocols for routine footcare, examination and trimming, and actions to be taken for the treatment of lame cows. A mastitis action plan is also required and used to prevent and control mastitis of the herd.
Arla is often a major employer at the locations where they operate. To contribute to the development of the local community, they have established long-term relationships with people, companies and organisations.
To find out more visit www.arlafoods.co.uk
Organic tarragon-baked chicken and carrots
- 400g organic carrots with tops
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of organic garlic, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 organic lemon
- 20g fresh tarragon, trimmed and chopped
- 50g organic butter, softened
- 4 organic chicken breast fillets with skins on
- Freshly ground black pepper
Each serving contains 440 calories, 8g sugar, 26g fat, 8.8g saturates and 1.1g salt.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C, Gas Mark 5.
- Scrub the organic carrots clean and trim off the tops, then place them in a large roasting tin. Add the oil, garlic, lemon juice, a third of the tarragon and plenty of salt and freshly ground black pepper, then toss well to mix.
- Mix the butter with the lemon zest, remaining tarragon and some more black pepper. Divide the butter into four portions, then use your fingers to push each quarter under the skin of a chicken breast fillet.
- Lay the organic chicken breasts skin-side up on top of the carrots and bake for 25–30 minutes until the carrots are lightly charred and the chicken is golden and tender. Serve with green vegetables and new potatoes.
- You could also make this dish with organic chicken thighs and drumsticks, just adjust the cooking time to 30 to 40 minutes.
This recipe was kindly provided by Tesco Real Food.