Terms and conditions
Animal welfare raffle 2013
- Deadline to return ticket stubs is 6 September 2013. Ticket stubs received after this date will not be accepted for entry
- Draw will take place on 16 September 2013
- All winners will be notified by 30 September 2013
- The prize winners agree to their names being printed in the Soil Association’s Living Earth magazine in the post-raffle announcement
- Winners will be announced in Living Earth magazine issue number 248 Spring 2014 or you can request a list of winners by writing to the Membership Department, Soil Association, South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX
- All cash prizes will be dispatched as cheques made out to the winner themselves or a person nominated by the winner
- There are no cash or other alternatives to the prizes
- The raffle is not open to Soil Association trustees, staff and their immediate families
- The raffle is only open to mainland UK residents (not including Northern Ireland, apologies to our supporters in Northern Ireland the Gambling Commission license does not extend to Northern Ireland)
- All proceeds go towards the work of the Soil Association, registered charity number 206862 (England and Wales), SC039168 (Scotland)
- The raffle is licensed by the Gambling Commission
- Promoter is Stephen Last, Soil Association Ltd, South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX
- Raffle tickets should not be sold to or by persons under the age of 18
- Non-members may only buy a maximum of 10 raffle tickets
- If you feel you have a problem with gambling please call the Gamcare National Telephone Helpline on 0845 6000 133.
- First prize from Good Energy - the winner of a year’s electricity from Good Energy will receive a credit on their Good Energy bill up to the value of £500 over a single 12 month period. The winner will be required to switch their electricity supplier to Good Energy in order to receive the prize
- Third prize from Helen Browning’s Organics - the stay at Helen Browning’s Organics is for one night’s B&B for two including breakfast and supper (drinks not included). The stay must be taken before 23 December 2013 subject to availability. The farm tour and dinner at The Royal Oak must be booked at the same time as the B&B booking
- Fourth prize from River Cottage - the River Cottage Get Growing course will be offered on six dates in 2014 and is subject to availability. In the event of the course not being available, a different course of equal value will be offered. The course is for two adults only and does not include accommodation. The course must be booked and taken by end 2014
- Fifth prize from Riverford - lunch at The Riverford Field Kitchen is for four people (drinks not included). The booking must be made and taken by 30th November 2013, subject to availability.’
- Sixth prize from Planet Organic - the £50 to spend at Planet Organic can be provided as a voucher to spend online at www.planetorganic.co.uk or as a voucher to use in one of the five Planet Organic stores in London (must be one or the other). The voucher must be used by 31 December 2013
- Seventh prize from Boutinot - the case of Merlot will be dispatched by Boutinot to a UK mainland address only. The prize cannot be awarded to any persons under the age of 18.
- Second prize from VisitScotland - the £100 cash is provided by the Soil Association and is in no way the responsibility of VisitScotland.
1. All entries received will be entered into the raffle draw to win: 1 x four-night stay for two people at the 4-star Eskview Farm, Angus on a bed and breakfast basis and staying in a double, twin or an executive/family room. Prize also includes 2x adult tickets to Glamis Castle, Angus, which includes a guided tour of the castle.
2. The prize is subject to availability and must be taken in full by 10.02.14.
3. The prize does not include any travel insurance, any other meals or related living expenses. All travel and accommodation are at winners and travel companions risk. Taxes, fuel surcharge, meals, gratuities, travel upgrades or any other expenses not specifically listed in these Terms and Conditions are the responsibility of the winner.
4. Winner and travel companion(s) must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companions must be 18 or over, unless the winner is their parent or legal guardian. The Promoter is not liable for delays, cancellations or unforeseen events related to travel. Winner and travel companions will be solely responsible for obtaining valid identification and compliance with all travel and health requirements relating to acceptance and use of the prize package and must have no impediment to entering Scotland. The Promoter will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates.
5. All elements of prize package are non-transferrable, are subject to date availability, subject to change, are weather dependant and are subject to all prize fund provider standard operator terms and conditions.
6. The prize is as stated. No cash or other alternative prize is available, except that in the event of circumstances out with its control, the promoter reserves the right to provide a similar prize of equal or greater value.
7. If a winner does not respond within 28 days of first notification attempt, if any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or in the event of noncompliance with these prize draw rules and requirements, the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw prize entitlement and the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner will be selected. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
8. By entering the promotion, entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions will result in a forfeit of the prize.
9. By participating, and insofar as is permitted by law, entrants, winner and travel companions agree to release and hold harmless VisitScotland, Soil Association, Eskview Farm, Glamis Castle and their respective advertising and promotion agencies, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the prize draw, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize draw related activity and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Promoter, VisitScotland, Eskview Farm, Glamis Castle and their respective affiliates, agents, successors, employees, officers, directors and assigns are not responsible if any portion of the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, Acts of War, natural disasters, weather or terrorism.
Bee-friendly flowers photo and picture competition
- To enter send in your photograph (or drawing or painting for the under 12’s) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post on the Soil Association Facebook page or you can mail it to 'Bee-friendly flowers competition', Soil Association, South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX
- Please include your name, address and telephone number on the back of your picture, as well as your date of birth if you are under 16
- Photograph’s, paintings and drawings sent in cannot be returned to the sender
- All posted entries must be received by 15 July 2013
- The competition is open from 16 May 2013 to 15 July 2013
- The competition is only open to UK residents
- Only one photograph, drawing or painting can be entered per person
- The person submitting the photograph must be the person who took the photograph
- The photograph must have been taken between 1 May 2013 and 15 July 2013
- The winner will be selected by Sally Morgan, author of Buzzy Bee and Editor of Organic Farming Magazine. Sally will be looking for pictures that show creativity and flowers attractive to pollinators, growing well, in an environment that would benefit bees
- Prizes are as stated in the competition description
- The prize(s) will be despatched by the Soil Association by 30 July to UK addresses only
- There are no cash alternatives to the prizes on offer
- By entering the competition you are consenting to the Soil Association using your photograph for promotional purposes associated directly with the competition
- The winners and runners up agree to their names and photographs being published by the Soil Association in the post-competition announcement and publicity
This competition is not open to Soil Association staff, trustees and their immediate family
- The winner of this competition is at the Soil Association’s discretion
- Closing date is 15 July 2013.
Farm walk photo competition
- The competition is open from 07 March 2013
- The competition is open to delegates and farm walk hosts who attend a Soil Association farm walk (one of those listed on the farm walks calendar 2013). The competition is open to UK residents only. All delegates must have booked their place with Astrid Toner at the Soil Association prior to the farm walk taking place.
- All photos submitted for entry into the competition will be forwarded to a select judging panel. This panel will select finalists for entry into the competition. The winning entries will be added to the Soil Association facebook page and the photo with the most ‘likes’ will win the prize. Photos can be submitted via email to email@example.com or submitted on a USB stick or CD to Producer Support, Soil Association, South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol, BS1 3NX
- The winner will be selected by 01 December 2013
- There is one prize, consisting of 12 bottles of organic wine courtesy of Vintage Roots
- The prize will be despatched by Vintage Roots by 15 December 2013 to a UK address only
- There is no cash alternative to the prize
- This competition is not open to Soil Association staff, trustees and their immediate family
- The winner of this competition is at the Soil Association’s discretion
- The winner will be required to submit a photo of themselves with the winning prize to the Soil Association. Soil Association and Vintage Roots reserve the right to use this in promotion and marketing materials. Soil Association reserve the right to use any photo submitted for entry into the competition in Soil Association promotional and marketing materials.
'Stuffed' book offer
- This offer is available to UK residents who take out a new membership via the Soil Association website
- The offer is only available to those who join by direct debit with a minimum payment of £5 per month
- The offer does not apply to annual memberships taken out with a credit/debit card
- Your copy of ‘Stuffed’ will be sent out along with your membership pack within 28 days from the day you joined
- Only one offer per household
- The Soil Association takes no responsibility for any packages going astray, getting damaged in the post or arriving later than expected due to industrial action or any other circumstances beyond our control
- No cash alternative or any kind of replacement will be made
- This offer is only available for addresses within the UK
- This offer is not available in conjunction with any other Soil Association membership offers
- Additional purchases of 'Stuffed' can be made via our shop.
Find out more