Agriculture standards committee
The Agriculture Standards Committee meets around two to three times per year. We aim to have a wide and representative spread of appropriate expertise on the committee together with consumer and public interest representatives. The Agriculture Standards Committee's remit is to develop and keep under review our agriculture standards and to deal with any relevant issues referred to the committee from licensees, Soil Association members, the public or our certification department.
Current committee members and their expertise
- John Newman: Chair, licensee - dairy, cereals, lamb, beef, pork, eggs, soft fruit and vegetables farmer
- John Avizienius: RSPCA
- Phil Brooke: Compassion in World Farming
- Mike Gooding: Licensee - dairy and pig farmer
- Chris Lewis: Veterinary surgeon
- Martin Peck: Licensee - beef and sheep farmer
- Peter Plate: Veterinary surgeon
- Peter Savidge: Organic dairy co-operative
- Jean Semylyen: Soil Association member representative
- Christopher Stopes: Organic consultant
- Bill Yeats: Licensee - poultry farmer and chair of poultry working group
This page will be updated as changes to the Agriculture Standards Committee arise.
The committee met on 17th June 2013.