Ethical trade standards committee
The Ethical Trade Standards Committee meets around two to three times per year. We aim to have a wide and representative spread of appropriate expertise on the committee together with consumer and public interest representatives. The Ethical Trade Standards Committee's remit is to develop and keep under review our ethical trade standards and to deal with any relevant issues referred to the committee from licensees, Soil Association members, the public or our certification department.
Current committee members and their expertise
- Andy Mitchell: Licensee - RB Organic
- Christopher Stopes: Consultant
- Damien Short: Senior Lecturer in Human Rights at the University of London
- David Wainwright: Licensee - Tropical Forest Products
- Michael Marriage: Licensee - Doves Farm
- Mike Brook: Licensee - Organic Herb Trading Company
- Richard Gantlett: Licensee - Yatesbury Organic Farm
- Rob Hardy: Dr. Bronner's
- Roger Kerr: Licensee - Calon Wen
- Simon Wright: Organic food consultant (chair)
- William Lana: Licensee - Greenfibres
The Ethical Trade Standards Committee last met on 22 September 2011.