Standards for Food For Life Served Here
Your catering challenge is very different to the one faced by a caterer in another sector. For this reason, the Food for Life Served Here Standards Handbooks have been tailored to each of the key sectors that currently hold the award.
Standards Handbooks: What’s new in 2018?
The handbooks have been updated to reflect the recent changes made to the Making Healthy Eating Easy standards at silver and gold along with the new standards around sustainable drinks and palm oil and are now the 2018 versions.
These new standards become mandatory at the end of January 2019 and in the meantime you have the choice to be inspected on either the new or old standards.
If you require copies of the old standards or any further information please do contact us here.
Please click the links below to download the most relevant version of the Food for Life Served Here Standards Handbook.
- Standards Handbook – Hospitals [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Early years [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Schools [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook - Independent Schools [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Residential care [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Workplaces, cafes and events [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Further and Higher Education [pdf, 4mb]
As always, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in touch (email@example.com).
How do the standards work?
The Bronze, Silver and Gold standards are set by an independent Standards Committee, which is made up of industry experts from a wide range of sectors.
- The Bronze Award has fixed standards. These focus on removing harmful additives and trans fats from the menu, and ensuring that the majority of food available is prepared freshly. They also focus on assurances that meat is traceable and from farms that adhere at least to minimum standards of animal welfare.
- The Silver and Gold Standards are assessed on a points system, rewarding spend on ethical, environmentally friendly and local ingredients, and for actions that make healthy eating easier.