Silver And Gold Standards
The Silver and Gold Award standards are assessed on a points system. Food providers are rewarded for every percentage point of their ingredient spend on ethical and environmentally friendly food, locally sourced ingredients and steps to offer healthier menus.
To achieve the Silver and Gold Awards, you must also demonstrate that you meet the Bronze Award Standards.
We have created a points calculator to help you calculate your ingredient spend on ethical and environmentally friendly ingredients.
Read your sector-specific handbook
You can use your handbook as an online resource or you can download and print your own.
The handbooks have been updated to reflect the recent changes made to the Making Healthy Eating Easy standards at silver and gold along with the new standards around sustainable drinks and palm oil and are now the 2018 versions.
These new standards become mandatory at the end of January 2019 and in the meantime you have the choice to be inspected on either the new or old standards.
If you require copies of the old standards or any further information please do contact us here.
- Standards Handbook – Hospitals [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Early years [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Schools [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook - Independent Schools [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Residential care [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Workplaces, cafes and events [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Further and Higher Education [pdf, 4mb]
Link to Points Calculator