Silver And Gold Standards
The Silver and Gold Award standards are assessed on a points system. Food providers are rewarded for every percentage point of their ingredient spend on ethical and environmentally friendly food, locally sourced ingredients and steps to offer healthier menus.
To achieve the Silver and Gold Awards, you must also demonstrate that you meet the Bronze Award Standards.
We have created a points calculator to help you calculate your ingredient spend on ethical and environmentally friendly ingredients.
Read your sector-specific handbook
You can use your handbook as an online resource or you can download and print your own.
Each of the Food for Life Served Here sector-specific handbooks has been updated. All caterers will need to use the 2017 versions from now on. A quick guide to the changes can be found here.
- Standards Handbook – Hospitals [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Early years [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Schools [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Residential care [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Workplaces, cafes and events [pdf, 4mb]
- Standards Handbook – Further and Higher Education [pdf, 4mb]
Link to Points Calculator