Specialist CQUIN Support Package
Unlock the benefits of the new ‘NHS staff health and wellbeing’ CQUIN
Food for Life is committed to ensuring that the food offering in hospitals reflects a hospitals’ position as a healthy place.
We have developed a series of support packages with the Food for Life Hospital Leaders Team to help both internal and external catering teams develop the best possible food offering within their trusts.
The CQUIN Support Package
Our new Healthy food for NHS staff, visitors and patients CQUIN support package is designed to help NHS Trusts comply with, or exceed, key requirements of the new NHS staff health and wellbeing CQUIN that became operational in April 2016.
Our expert team will work with you to support the changes required to your in-house provision and/or food retail, vending and catering contracts that will allow you to address four key outcomes of the CQUIN.
This support package addresses:
- The banning of price promotions on sugary drinks and foods high in fat, sugar and salt (HFSS)
- The banning of advertisement on NHS premises of sugary drinks and foods high in fat, sugar and salt (HFSS);
- The banning of sugary drinks and foods high in fat, sugar and salt (HFSS) from checkouts; and
- Ensuring that healthy options are available at any point including for those staff working night shifts.
We will help with assessing your current position in relation to the new requirements, and give you the confidence to engage with key stakeholders to make an effective case for change and establish support.
The support package includes:
- Gap analysis report to map CQUIN requirements against your current catering, retail and vending provision alongside best practice being achieved in other NHS Trusts.
- Workshop to support key staff within the NHS Trust to understand the CQUIN requirements and build their confidence to:
- engage with caterers and concession-holders to make an effective case for change within current contractual terms;
- engage with staff and visitors to build support for the changes;
- evaluate the financial impact of any recommended changes.
- Post-workshop report setting out a practical approach to shaping, designing and implementing a compliant, healthy food offer.
- National visibility for the achievements of the Trust nationally via our Food for Life Hospital Leaders work with key strategic stakeholders and other NHS Trusts.
Cost - £4,500 (excl VAT and expenses)
About Food for Life
Food for Life is committed to ensuring that the food offered by a hospital reflects its role as a health-promoting place. We have worked with NHS Trusts to support the delivery of their food and drink strategies and achieve local CQUIN goals on hospital food. We have supported more than thirty five hospitals to achieve the Food for Life Catering Mark, verifying that the food they are serving is ethical, sustainable and freshly prepared.