Restaurants & Attractions
Strengthen your position as a provider of great food customers can trust, set yourselves apart from the competition
Meet customers’ demands for more local, freshly-prepared and sustainably sourced food and become a food pioneer!
90% of parents say they would be more inclined to visit an attraction if they knew that it offered good food [Out to Lunch Survey, October 2016].
Food for Life Served Here is a robust framework and inspected award designed to help you make sure that your food is ethical, sustainable and fresh, free from nasty additives and transfats.
"Working with Soil Association Certification was an obvious choice for us – an organisation that shares our values on food production and land management. The Food for Life Served Here Award helps us explain to our members and supporters how, as a food business, we’re different."Matt Drew - Head of Food & Beverage, National Trust
As well as universities, schools, hospitals, care settings and workplace caterers, there are now over 150 visitor attractions, cafes, restaurants and other venues like you who are using Food for Life Served Here to reduce their environmental impact and reassure customers about where their food comes from.
Set yourselves apart from the competition
Meet customers’ demands for more local, freshly-prepared and sustainably sourced food and become a food pioneer.
A Food for Life Served Here Award:
- Boosts your reputation as a family-friendly destination for all to your customers, funding bodies and other stakeholders
- Strengthens your position as a provider of great food customers can trust
- Champions your local food story - customers love knowing where their food comes from
- Increases food sales, generating additional revenue for your restaurant or café
- Keeps control of cost - making more food from scratch and buying from Food for Life Served Here Supplier Scheme members can actually save money
"Working towards a standard (such as the Food for Life Served Here Award) can enhance a company's reputation, act as a point of differentiation, reduce costs and help a business think through current and future risks."Catering for Sustainability - WWF Sodexo, 2016