How to Apply
Join the Supplier Scheme
Our Food for Life Served Here Award is growing rapidly, 1.7 million meals are now served daily in the UK and caterers are looking to the supply chain to offer products that meet the Food for Life Served Here standards. The Food for Life Supplier Scheme is the answer. If you'd like to be part of a scheme committed to helping caterers improve their food quality, sourcing practices and environmental sustainability then become a Supplier Member.
Why Join The Supplier Scheme
1. Sales increases: some of our supplier scheme members have reported an uplift of 20% since joining the scheme
2. New business, lots of our Supplier Scheme members tell us they win more business tenders and new contracts as a result of their membership
3. An improved customer service experience because of a better understanding of a Food for Life Served Here customers' needs
- A listing on our supplier directory
- Face-to-face Food for Life Served Here training that enables you to add value for your customers
- Access to a suite of technical tools to make product assessment against the standards quick and easy
- Access to a suite of marketing materials to help you spread the word
- The opportunity to feature in our newsletters
- The opportunity to feature new products or best practice examples on our website
- A regular newsletter to keep you up to date with changes and new opportunities
- Opportunities to hear directly from caterers
- Invites to Food for Life Served Here events and sponsorship opportunities
Becoming a Supplier Scheme member
To become a member you will need to verify your products against a series of pre-application questions and familiarise yourself with the Food for Life Served Here Standards. Your products must meet these standards
Provide us with a named contact within your business who will take responsibility for the scheme, commit to attending a training day within the first 12 months of joining and be able to help customers with their supply chain and provide relevant information for their inspections.
Once you’re a member, you’ll be asked to provide more detail for our supplier directory. You’ll also receive access to a suite of technical and marketing tools, and be invited to one of our training sessions.
Annual membership fees
- Membership of the scheme costs £1,100 per year
- Membership for Soil Association Organic Wholesalers is £550
- Membership is free of charge for all Soil Association organic processor licensees.