How to Apply
Join the Supplier Scheme
Food for Life Served Here is growing rapidly, 1.7 million meals are now served daily in the UK and caterers are looking to the supply chain to offer products that meet the Food for Life Served Here standards. The Food for Life Supplier Scheme is the answer. If you would like to be part of a scheme that is committed to helping caterers improve their food quality, sourcing practices and environmental sustainability you can become a Supplier Member.
Benefits Supplier Scheme members have reported include:
- Sales increases of 20% since joining the scheme
- Winning business tenders and new contracts as a result of their membership
- An improved customer service experience because of a better understanding of a Food for Life Served Here customers' needs
- Listing on our online supplier directory
- Face-to-face Food for Life Served Here training that enables you to add value for your customers
- Access to a suite of technical tools to make product assessment against the standards quick and easy
- Access to a suite of marketing materials to help you spread the word
- The opportunity to feature on our newsletters
- The opportunity to feature new products or best practice examples on our website
- Being kept up to date regularly via our newsletters
- Opportunities to hear directly from caterers
- Invites to Food for Life Served Here events and sponsorship opportunities
To become a Supplier Scheme member you need to:
- Verify your products against a series of pre-application questions and read the Food for Life Served Here Standards. Your products must meet these standards
- Compete the application form
- Provide us with a named contact within your business who will take responsibility for the scheme
- Commit to attending a training day within the first 12 months of joining
- Be able to help customers with their supply chain and provide relevant information for their inspections.
Once you’re a member, you’ll be asked to provide more detail for our online supplier directory. You’ll also receive access to a suite of technical and marketing tools, and be invited to one of our training sessions.
Annual membership fees
- Membership of the scheme costs £1,100 per year
- Membership for Soil Association Organic Wholesalers is £550
- Membership is free of charge for all Soil Association organic processor licensees.
- If you have any questions, please call 0117 914 2406 or contact us using this form.
What is the Food for Life Served Here Supplier Scheme?
Download the "What is the Food for Life Served Here Supplier Scheme?" leaflet to find out more about the services we offer for suppliers and caterers [pdf - 13.9mb]Download