- Soil Association
- Forest Management (FM)
- FSC® Controlled Wood
FSC® Controlled Wood
An FSC® Controlled Wood evaluation lets suppliers of wood and wood products from non-certified forests sell their wares, safe in the knowledge that it has been legally harvested; a legal requirement in the EU, US and Australia.
The evaluation includes an element of stakeholder consultation, which supports that what is being declared is clear and true.
The evaluation includes:
- Definition of scope – legal status of company, area, species, specifications, volumes.
- Documented system – a review of company documented policy and systems.
- Verification of Origin and Legal Tenure.
- Civil and traditional rights – evaluation of systems to identify local communities, any traditional rights, consultation, procedures for dispute resolution.
- High Conservation Value Forest (HCVF) – evaluation of systems to identify HCVF values, and related consultation and impact assessment
- Genetically Modified (GM) trees - evaluation to demonstrate no use of GM trees.
- Consultation - with local organisations and regulatory authorities to confirm that the company considers the categories above in its management
- Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) – an evaluation to ensure that CITES requirements or licences are met or held as appropriate.