Helping you go organic and sell organic
From clothing to personal care, and cotton to wool, sales for organic textiles continue to grow. This year, our 66 Soil Association Certification licensees increased sales by 16% to £21.6 million.
We are the UK’s largest organic certification body - certifying over 70% of the growing organic market.
We have long standing expertise and market knowledge in organic textiles:
- We played a leading role in the development of the Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) which we now certify to.
- We are the UK’s leading certifier of organic products to GOTS.
- Turnover of our 73 textile licensees increased by 36% in 2013.
- Much of this growth was export-led, but the UK market for organic cotton is estimated to have grown by around 10%.
Supporting your business
As a Soil Association Certification licensee, you will have access to a number of exclusive business benefits:
- An unrivalled level of service, technical knowledge and guidance through and beyond the certification process.
- High brand recognition - we certify over 80% of the UK’s organic food so our logo is recognised and trusted by consumers.
- Certification in the UK and internationally – we are collaborating with Flo Cert in India and other parts of Asia, and with Australian Certified Organic (ACO) in Australia and Japan.
- Help in sourcing certified fibres, fabrics or finished products from 3,000 businesses in 55 countries already certified to GOTS.
- Access to over 6,000 chemical inputs already approved for use in organic textile production.
A contribution to the organic movement
As we are a not-for-profit business, any surplus income is reinvested in the Soil Association charity. The charity works to make to make organic textiles kinder, greener and cleaner through standards setting and campaigning work.