Organic Conversion & Maintenance - Scotland
The application window for Agri-Environment Climate Scheme (AECS) is currently closed.
This information is from the previous application window and is published here for reference only.
Stay informed of upcoming application opportunities, by signing up for our monthly Organic Farming Newsletter which contains the latest news, views and updates from across the farming world.
Organic Conversion and Management Rates (per hectare)
|Conversion Rates Per Hectare||Years One and Two||Years Three to Five|
|Unimproved Grassland/Rough Grazing||£12.50||£8.50|
|Fruit and Vegetables||£400||£200|
- To apply you must provide evidence with your application that conversion of the land is viable through the submission of an Organic Viability proposal (OVP), endorsed from a UK-approved Organic Certification Body.
- Payments are made for the duration of your contract on each eligible hectare of land entered into the relevant Organic Conversion option.
- Payments to support conversion will be made up to a maximum of 1000 hectares per business or common grazing.
- Within this, maximum payments for arable land, improved grassland and vegetable and fruit land will not be made for more than 300 hectares of any such land taken together or separately.
- Further details can be found on the Scottish Government Rural Payments and Services website.