Organic Conversion & Maintenance - Scotland
Agri-Environment Climate Scheme (AECS) 2019 is open for applications until Friday, April 12, 2019.
The Scottish Government is offering financial support for those converting to organic farming, as well as for other land management practices that enhance Scotland's environment.
Please fill out the form below or contact us if you have any questions, or would like to discuss organic conversion.
Organic Conversion and Management Rates (per hectare)
|Conversion Rates Per Hectare||Years One and Two||Years Three to Five|
|Unimproved Grassland/Rough Grazing||£12.50||£8.50|
|Fruit and Vegetables||£400||£200|
- To apply you must provide evidence with your application that conversion of the land is viable through the submission of an Organic Viability proposal (OVP), endorsed from a UK-approved Organic Certification Body.
- Payments are made for the duration of your contract on each eligible hectare of land entered into the relevant Organic Conversion option.
- Payments to support conversion will be made up to a maximum of 1000 hectares per business or common grazing.
- Within this, maximum payments ofr arable land, improved grassland and vegetable and fruit land will not be made for more than 300 hectares of any such land taken together or separately.
- Further details can be found on the Scottish Government Rural Payments and Services website.