Future Growers - Course Details
The Future Growers course offers:
• Six weekend field trips, including a seminar run by an organic expert and visits to three inspiring organic farms or related businesses
• Guided farm walks to showcase a variety of production and business models
• Access to a private discussion group for all Future Growers, past and present
• A year’s subscription to Organic Farming magazine
• Online resource area for key reports and presentations
• Option to apply for sponsored places at key national organic conferences
• A certificate of completion
• Ongoing careers advice and support
• Lasting relationships with experts in the organic farming and growing community
• Access to a community of Future Growers, with opportunities to learn from each other after the course is complete
• Future Growers are eligible for a discounted membership rate with the Organic Growers Alliance. The £15 Student/Trainee Membership is the equivalent of a £35 Associate Membership
Individual weekends 2018
Individual Weekend - High Wage £360.00 (inc VAT)
Individual Weekend - Low Wage £300.00 (inc VAT)
Single Day (on one of the weekends) £180.00 (inc VAT)
Low wage £1,500 including VAT
High wage/organisations £1,920 including VAT
The Future Growers programme has a two-tier payment structure. The low waged fee recognises that the participants are likely to be earning relatively low wages. The high wage/organisations/businesses fee provides an opportunity to support the programme and means we can offer a low wage option. It also recognises that businesses are able to claim back the VAT on the fees.
Applicants are asked to use their discretion in choosing which fee level to opt for.
A deposit of £350 is required to reserve your place. You will need to follow the payment schedule supplied to join the course.