Why Become a Future Grower?
The Future Growers programme is aimed at new growers who want to learn the practical skills and knowledge needed to grow fruit and vegetables sustainably and profitably. Through working in the organic sector, we see the demand for new organic growers first hand. We know what is needed to make a career out of organic food production, and we can point our future growers in the right direction.
If you’re passionate about organic food and farming and want to work in or run a commercially viable organic growing business, then our Future Growers programme can put you on the right track with a series of specialist events. These include expert-led seminars on different aspects of organic farming and tours of farms, where you can learn first-hand from the people who are already working the land and doing it well!
You should join the Future Growers programme if you want to…
- Kick start your career in organic fruit and vegetable production
- Visit some of the most inspiring and successful organic vegetable producers in the UK
- Develop a deeper understanding of organic systems, taking into consideration soil health, fertility and crop rotations
- Develop an understanding of weed, pest and disease control based upon the use of ecological and environmental concepts, including biological control
- Increase your confidence in your own abilities by thinking for yourself and sharing knowledge with others who are learning alongside you
- Understand the possibilities for career development throughout the organic industry, by having links to organic farming experts and resources
Applications are open now and close in April.