Sweetcorn & Turkey Chowder
Leftovers you won't want to leave
When you’re in the mood for comfort food, this creamy chowder from Yeo Valley hits the spot every time – and it’s a great way to use up leftover turkey.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 3 sticks of celery, diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 400g potatoes cut into cubes
- 5 litres of chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 350g sweetcorn, tinned or frozen
- 400g leftover turkey cut into bite-sized chunks
- 200g Yeo Valley Crème Fraîche
- Small bunch of parsley, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, then add the celery and onion. Cover and sweat over a medium heat for 5 mins. Pour the stock into the pan along with the potato and bay leaves and simmer for 10 mins until the potatoes start to become tender.
- Add the turkey, sweetcorn and a good grind of black pepper. Cook for another 5 mins. Check the vegetables are cooked and adjust the seasoning.
- Stir in the Crème Fraîche then divide between 4 bowls and top with the parsley.