Lamb with butternut squash & almonds
Higher Hacknell's Organic Lamb
2 x 2 lamb loin chops, cutlets or Barnsley Chops (double chop)
1 small Butternut squash
8 sprigs of thyme
2 tbs butter
100g blanched almonds
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 180oC. Slice the butternut squash in half lengthways and scoop out the seeds. Score the flesh deeply, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle over salt, pepper and the leaves from the thyme. Place in the preheated oven and cook for 45-50 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a small frying pan over a medium heat until golden on all sides. Remove and crush to a rough breadcrumb texture in a pestle and mortar.
- Once the squash is cooked scooped the flesh out of the skin and place in a blender with the butter. Blend to a smooth puree and keep warm.
- To cook the lamb, season the chops on both sides, heat an ovenproof frying pan over a high heat. Drizzle the lamb with olive oil and place into the hot pan. Cook on either side for 2-3 minutes, or until lightly coloured and cooked to your liking. If the chops are large or thick and need longer to cook place the pan in the oven for 3-4 minutes. Remove and rest until ready to serve.
- To serve, roll the lamb in the crushed almonds. Reheat the puree if necessary in a small pan with a knob of butter. Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed. Spoon the puree onto a serving plate, top with the lamb and serve immediately.
Find out more amazing organic recipes or order your organic meat visit Higher Hacknell farm's site.