Rice And Quinoa Tabbouleh
This recipe from Clearspring uses their quick cook rice & quinoa for an alternative version of the classic tabbouleh salad from the Middle East. This recipe has inspirations from South American and Japan:
"Bursting with flavour from fresh herbs, tabbouleh is a classic Middle Eastern salad made with Bulgar wheat. By using Clearspring’s Quick Cook Rice & Quinoa I’ve made this dish more substantial and for a Japanese twist I’ve added a miso dressing. Dress it up by using a serving ring for pretty presentation, or make a double quantity for a packed lunch the following day.
Quantities are somewhat approximate - experiment with any fresh herbs you have, this would also be delicious with coriander."
Serves 2 - Preparation time: 15 mins - Cooking time: 10 mins
- 160g Clearspring Quick Cook Rice & Quinoa
- Juice ½ lemon
- 1 tbs sweet white miso
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Dash of tamari soya sauce
- 6 medium sized tomatoes - finely chopped
- 25 bunch flat leaf parsley - finely chopped
- 3 stalks of mint - finely chopped
- 2 spring onions - finely chopped
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the grains and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- Whilst the grains are cooking put the lemon juice, miso, olive oil and tamari into your serving bowl and gently stir to mix.
- Add all the other ingredients, mix well and allow to sit for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to develop.
- Garnish with a few slices of lemon and extra herbs to serve.
Recipe, photography & styling by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours, for Clearspring Ltd.