Yeo Valley Arctic Roll
This delightful ice cream cake makes the perfect addition to any festive dessert table
- 150g sugar
- 6 eggs
- 150g self raising flour
- 3 tubs of Yeo Valley Organic Vanilla Ice Cream
- 5tbsp strawberry jam
- For the warm jam sauce:
- 50g strawberry jam
- 4tbsp water
1. First make the Swiss roll sponge. Beat the eggs with the sugar until light and fluffy and then fold in the flour.
2. Pour into a Swiss roll tin that has been buttered and lined with baking paper.
3. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 170C for 10-12 minutes, or until light and golden brown, then allow to cool.
4. Take 3 tubs of Yeo Valley Vanilla Ice Cream and remove from the tubs, you may want to trim them slightly to form a perfect cylinder. You can eat the trimmings as that’s the chefs perk!
5. Spread the strawberry jam on to ¾ of the Swiss roll and then lay the 3 ice creams, with the ends joining each other, on top of the jam at the edge closest to you.
6. Removing the baking paper as you go, roll the ice creams away from you, in the Swiss roll, ensuring that the Swiss roll is firmly attached to the ice cream by the jam as you go. When it reaches the point where it is completely covering the Ice Cream, stop and trim away any excess Swiss roll should you have any.
7. Wrap the Arctic Roll in a sheet of clean baking paper and then place back in the freezer immediately, leaving it there for at least 30 minutes.
8. Just before eating, make the warm jam sauce. Place both the jam and the water in a pan and bring to the boil.
9. Pass through a fine sieve and it’s ready to use.
To serve, take a nice generous slice and spoon the warm jam sauce over the top.