Quick Chicken Pho
Founder of The Urban Kitchen Toral prepared this Chicken Pho live in our Organic Kitchen Pop-Up at WFM on Organic September Saturday. We had the chance to taste it and can confirm that it is quickly made and amazingly tasty.
- 300ml good quality chicken stock
- 2 stars anise
- 1 small thumb of ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 small head of Pak Choy
- 1 organic spring onion, sliced on the diagonal
- 50g bean sprouts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- some sprigs of fresh coriander
- 50g King Soba rice noodles (I like pumpkin and ginger)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- 100g organic chicken breast
- Heat the chicken broth gently in a pan with the star anise.
- Meanwhile, marinate the chicken breast in the soy sauce and garlic.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions
- Heat a frying pan and cook the chicken until it cooked through.
- Meantime, wilt the Pak choy in the same pan.
- Add the noodles to the hot stock and heat up until almost boiling and the noodles are cooked (about 6 min).
- Pour the stock into a bowl with the noodles and add the Pak choy, noodles and ginger matchsticks.
- Slice the chicken and arrange on the broth.
- Garnish with the bean sprouts, chilli, coriander, spring onions and drizzle with sesame oil and lime juice.
Find out more about The Urban Kitchen here: theurbankitchen.co.uk