How You Can Help
It is time to protect our countryside from these toxic chemicals
Neonicotinoids are likely to weaken already vulnerable populations – the last straw on top of the other threats that bees and other farmland wildlife face: habitat destruction, climate change, new diseases and exposure not only to neonicotinoids, but the whole cocktail of chemicals applied to crops.
We need to ensure that the current partial ban is made not only permanent, but total. You can help us to achieve this – and support our work changing the way we farm for good – by becoming a member of the Soil Association.
Become a Member
Join us today, and together we can create healthy farmland and countryside without these poisonous pesticides.
Other ways you can help:
- Donate to the Soil Association and help us in the fight against neonics
- Write a letter to your local newspaper and tell them about the plight facing our pollinators
- Tell your MP you want a complete and permanent ban on neonics in the UK
- Look for the logo. Soil Association-certified foods are never treated with neonicotinoids. Buying products we’ve certified means you know those crops were grown without the use of wildflower-contaminating, wildlife-harming neonicotioids.
- Plant wildflowers. Do you have a garden? A window box? Plant flowers that are pollinator favourites, and help our bees and butterflies make a comeback. Ask at your garden centre for flowers that haven’t been pre-treated with neonicotinoids, and avoid using neonics for pest control in your garden.