How You Can Help
Together we can stop pesticides killing our wildlife
The EU vote to ban neonics is fantastic news. Whilst we’re delighted that this has finally happened, there is a still long way to go to move away from using pesticides altogether.
Right now, the UK government is working on the first new Agriculture Bill in 70 years. This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to make sure that wildlife-friendly farming is centre stage. But we need to pile on the pressure - there’s a serious risk that new laws will be too weak to make a real difference to our wildlife.
Join the Soil Association and become a Wildlife Warrior
Become a Wildlife Warrior today
As a Wildlife Warrior, you’ll be campaigning for wildlife-friendly farming – farming that nurtures our birds and bees, and works in harmony with nature. We’ve got the stats to prove it: on average, organic farms are home to 50% more plants, birds and insects than non-organic farms. At this crucial time, you’ll help to influence decisions-makers in government, ensuring that new pesticide laws go the distance for our wildlife.
Together, we can protect the millions of bees, butterflies, birds and animals at risk of disappearing from our fields and hedgerows forever.
5 Other ways you can help:
1. Donate to the Soil Association and help us in the fight against neonics
2. Write a letter to your local newspaper and tell them about the plight facing our pollinators
3. Tell your MP you want a complete and permanent ban on neonics in the UK
4. Look for the logo. Soil Association-certified foods are never treated with neonicotinoids. Buying products we’ve certified means you know those crops were grown without the use of wildflower-contaminating, wildlife-harming neonicotioids.
5. Plant wildflowers. Do you have a garden? A window box? Plant flowers that are pollinator favourites, and help our bees and butterflies make a comeback. Ask at your garden centre for flowers that haven’t been pre-treated with neonicotinoids, and avoid using neonics for pest control in your garden.