Paddock Grazing for Profit with Murray Rohloff: how grazing management can make you money
Paddock Grazing for Profit with Murray Rohloff
How grazing management can make you money
Sandwick Community Centre, Stromness, Orkney
Wednesday 26 June, 10.30am–4pm, including lunch
A practical day discussing paddock grazing with New Zealand farmer and expert Murray Rohloff.
- Visit to Kierfiold Farm where the Ritch family are trying out paddock grazing as part of the QMS Orkney Managed Grazing project
- How to optimise cattle and sheep performance from pasture – stocking rates, residual grass heights, timing, infrastructure, genetics (with Robyn Hulme of EasyRams)
- Financial benefits from paddock grazing, such as improved soil health and pasture
- Making it work on your farm
FREE to farmers and land managers. Lunch included.
Booking is required. Book online
Check out our short video – What is rotational grazing and how and why might you do it?
For more information call Lyn on 07899 791 748, or email.
Funding comes from the SRDP Knowledge Transfer and Innovation Fund (Scottish Government/EU), with partner funding from Quality Meat Scotland, Scottish Forestry, Innovative Farmers and The Prince of Wales’s Charitable Foundation.
This event is kindly supported by William Shearer.
In this section...
- Working for Waders: Bringing wading birds back to Scottish farmland
- Bracken Control Without Chemicals: Techniques to balance farming and wildlife
- Field Lab: Mob Grazing. Benefits of tree fodder for animal nutrition
- Money Grows on Trees: Adding value to your farm with forestry
- Making Woodland Work for You: Exploring forestry opportunities on farm
- Farming with Nature Showcase: Working with birds, bees and trees
- Field Lab: Plant Teams. Tools for small-scale grain processing
- Agroforestry Workshop: Practical design for your farm