Food for Life Served Here - Scotland
Café, canteen or restaurant in Scotland? The Food for Life Served Here award can help transform your menu and show diners you serve fresh, tasty food.
Food for Life Served Here is our unique award that guarantees what’s on the menu is freshly prepared, free from undesirable additives and better for animal welfare.
Meals that have been awarded are free from artificial trans-fats and controversial e-numbers such as aspartame, tartrazine and MSG.
When you see Food for Life Served Here, you can rest assured that all meat and dairy products come from farms which meet Red Tractor animal welfare standards. Many go even further and serve organic meat, dairy products or eggs, which means guarantees a truly free-range life where animals have plenty of space and fresh air to thrive and grow.
The Food for Life Served Here award demonstrates the award holder’s commitment to helping Scotland become a Good Food Nation, where the food is not only tasty to eat but nutritious, fresh and environmentally sustainable.
Making it easier to find good food
The award offers bronze, silver and gold levels, to encourage caterers to make step-by-step progress towards using more local, seasonal and organic ingredients. It is available for all types of caterers, including restaurants, local authorities and contract caterers.
If you are part of a hospital, children’s nursery, care home or university that hasn't yet been awarded, why not find out about exactly what’s needed and get involved?
Find an award holder near you:
Gold Award holders in Scotland:
- East Ayrshire Council: school meals service across 37 primary schools
- North Ayrshire Council: school meals service across 53 primary schools and 1 secondary school
- RSPB Loch Leven reserve: on-site café
Silver Award Holders:
- Sodexo: dining outlets at four Scottish Government sites.
- Stirling Council: school meals service across 37 primary schools and 6 nurseries.
- Busy Bees Childcare: meals service at all nurseries across Scotland.
- Highland Council: school meals service in 6 primary schools and 6 nurseries.
- Sodexo: school meals service at Beaconhurst Independent School.
- City of Edinburgh Council Health and Social Care: meals service at Inch View Care Home.
- City of Edinburgh Council: school meals service at Currie High School and Buckstone Primary School.
- Aberdeen City Council: school meals services across all primary and secondary schools.
- Aberdeenshire Council: school meals service in 156 primary schools.
Bronze Award Holders:
- Highland Council: school meals service across 166 primary schools and 52 nurseries.
- University of Edinburgh: meals service at the John McIntyre Conference Centre, Pollock Halls of Residence.
- East Lothian Council: school meals service across 35 primary schools.
- City of Edinburgh Council Health and Social Care: meals service at Castle Crags, Clovenstone House Care Home, Ferrylee Care Home, Marionville Court Care Home and Firhill Day Care Centre
- City of Edinburgh Council: school meals service across primary schools, secondary schools and ASN schools
- Levy Restaurants at Edinburgh Zoo: breakfast, lunch and snack menus at three eateries across the zoo.
- Argyll and Bute Council: school meals service across 75 primary schools.
- East Renfrewshire Council: school meals service across 21 primary schools.
- Sodexo: staff dining at the Scottish Parliament.
- ISS Mediclean (Healthcare): retail catering service at Hairmyres Hospital (NHS Lanarkshire).
- Renfrewshire Council: school meals service across 42 primary schools.
- BaxterStorey: 1875 restaurant at Queen Margaret University.