Good Food In Practice
We're not just changing menus, but minds as well
We work in partnership with a network of schools, hospitals, care homes, food producers and suppliers, caterers and other organisations to inspire and motivate change and build awareness of good food and how it can enrich people’s lives and the places they live, work and visit.
Good food learning
We believe that every child and young person deserves good food – no matter who they are or where they come from. Our Food For Life Scotland team aims to provide a bridge between education and catering, giving practical support to help educational settings build a 'good food for all' culture.
We don't want to reinvent the wheel or add to the busy workloads of education and catering professionals. Instead, we've designed a framework that helps settings and local communities to:
- Reconnect with food and where it comes from.
- Improve the school meal experience.
- Make sustainable, healthy food choices.
- Learn to grow, prepare, cook and share good food.
- Raise awareness of the life-long possibilities that food-related activity can offer.
- Connect with individuals, organisations and businesses in the wider community.
- Make good food part of daily learning and adding value to the delivery of key educational priorities; including all aspects of the National Improvement Framework.
If you're a teacher find out more about Food for Life in education settings and sign up to access our resources.
Sustainable food places
We support places around Scotland to come together to form a food partnerships to promote sustainable food in their local area. To do this we encourage places to join the Sustainable Food Cities (SFC) Network.
Working with Food Matters and Sustain, SFC brings together public, private and third sector organisations that believe promoting sustainable food can drive positive change in our communities. SFC is a tried and tested model which involves places forming partnerships, embedding health and sustainable food in policy and developing and delivering a food strategy and action plan.
Contact the team to find out more, or to get involved.