Digital Marketing Volunteer
Why do you need me?
We are seeking a digital marketing volunteer to work with the digital marketing team to create high-quality multimedia content for a range of digital platforms; website, social media, and email. At the Soil Association we campaign for change in the world to solve some of the most pressing problems facing humanity – and we need your help!
What activities will I be involved in?
The role offers a range of opportunities for someone looking to gain experience working across digital platforms. This voluntary role will offer the right applicant a chance to work within a dynamic small team, in a busy communications office. It will provide an insight into how NGOs are using digital to engage with and inspire supporters and offer many opportunities for learning and development.
- Support with social media including drafting content, engaging with supporters and researching new opportunities
- Support with making and editing multimedia content.
- Support with drafting high-quality content for the website.
- Support with the re-organisation of the media library by renaming photos and organising folder structure
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
- Excellent writing skills for a varied audience
- An understanding of social networking channels
- An understanding of photo and video editing software
- Good research/analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team
- An eye for a good story
What are the benefits for me?
This role offers a range of opportunities for someone looking to gain experience in digital marketing. You will:
- See your content published on our social media channels – a combined audience of over 200,000.
- Develop skills such as organisation, research, communication, relationship building and team working
- Gain the opportunity to engage in other areas of our work
- Receive a written reference when you finish volunteering with us
How much time should I offer?
Ideally, we are looking for somebody who can volunteer full-time office hours 2-3 days a week but just let us know how much time you have to spare. We are looking for support for 1 month and possibly longer.
Where will I be based? Will I need my own transport?
You will be based at our Head Office in Bristol: South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX. You will not need your own transport for this role.
Is there an induction and training?
We will provide a full induction with opportunities to learn about the work of the Soil Association. You will get ongoing support and supervision from Carys Barry, our Digital Engagement Manager.
Will my expenses be paid?
We reimburse expenses within agreed guidelines which should cover your travel and lunch.
What’s the next step?
We’re looking for volunteers to start as soon as possible, so please submit your CV and a covering letter to Carys Barry. Or, if you would like further information about this volunteering opportunity please email email@example.com.
In our team we push the boundaries of digital to reach millions of supporters each month. If you live and breathe social media, we'd love to hear from you!Carys Barry Digital Engagement Manager
Follow us on twitterSoil Association
Food has a key role to play in dealing with some of today’s most pressing social, economic and environmental challe… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…
Find out how & why beauty businesses are now incorporating wider health & environmental issues into the formulation… twitter.com/i/web/status/9…