Membership Marketing Volunteer
Why do you need me?
To support the membership team with marketing activities to engage a wider audience in our work as a charity.
What activities will I be involved in?
• Planning – writing schedules, task lists and ensuring activities are going out on time and within budget
• Writing copy and selecting appropriate images
• Creating assets and editing images for use in marketing materials such as social media graphics
• Briefing and working with external designers and printers
• Proof reading
• Constructing email sends
• Updating website content
What skills and abilities will I need to have?
• Creative approach
• Knowledge of Word and Excel
• Desirable – experience of using a CRM database, content management system and email marketing tools
• PhotoShop and/or InDesign editing would be a bonus!
What are the benefits for me?
This role offers a range of opportunities for someone looking to gain experience working within a busy marketing and comms team. You will:
• Gain hands on experience of working in a charity marketing team, especially within the Membership arena
• Gain the opportunity to engage in other areas of our work
• Receive a written reference when you finish volunteering with us
How much time should I offer?
Ideally it would be great if you could commit to two days a week but just let us know how much time you have to spare. We are looking for support between November and December 2017 and possibly longer.
Where will I be based? Will I need my own transport?
You will be based at our Head Office in Bristol: South Plaza, Marlborough Street, Bristol BS1 3NX.
You will not need your own transport for this role.
Is there an induction and training?
We will provide a full induction with opportunities to learn about the work of the Soil Association. You will get ongoing support and supervision from Gemma Heaysman-Burns, our Marketing Manager.
Will my expenses be paid?
We reimburse expenses within agreed guidelines which should cover your travel and lunch.
What’s the next step?
Please submit your CV and a short covering letter to Gemma Heaysman-Burns, our Membership Manager, by emailing email@example.com
Or if you would like further information about this volunteering opportunity please contact Gemma by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0117 314 5181.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our work as a volunteer.