Contract: Permanent contract
Hours: Full time
Location: Bristol or home-based considered
About our organisation
The Soil Association, formed in 1946, is the only UK charity which works across the spectrum of human health, the environment and animal welfare. That’s because we cannot tackle these issues in isolation.
We campaign for change, we support farming innovation, we serve healthy food in communities, we support and grow the organic market and we protect forests.
We couldn't do any of this without our supporters, partners, donors and dedicated staff. We make a difference in the world where it’s needed the most.
About the opportunity
This is an opportunity to shape the future of farming in the UK as we transition towards agro -ecological systems of farming and food production. You will be a key member of the Soil Association farming team which sits at the heart of the charity and its work contributing to team and organic sector strategy. You will lead on the provision of expert knowledge and advice on the farmland environment to farmers, growers, policy makers, government and other teams within the Soil Association. You will also deliver project work carried out within the Farm Advice team including the coordination of relevant field labs within the Innovative Farmers programme.
Above all we are looking for:
• Significant experience of agriculture and commercial advice provision to farmers
• Understanding of organic farming and agro ecological farming systems
• Experience of delivering to project/programme requirements
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral)
Please follow this link to read the full Job Description for the role.
Our employee benefits
Working with us you will have a range of financial and lifestyle benefits, including:
• 27 days annual holiday plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service (pro rata for part-time)
• A defined contribution pension scheme
• Free membership of the Soil Association Charity
• Discounts on organic produce, farm visits
• Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
• Family friendly policies, flexible working and childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
Closing date for applications: 9am, 20th November 2019
Interviews are expected to take place: W/C 2nd December 2019 at our Bristol office: Spear House, 51 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6AD
Please note that a full driving license is required for this role.
Please submit your CV with a covering letter (both in Microsoft Word format) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your covering letter must cover the “essential” criteria listed in the Job Description. Failure to submit a covering letter may mean your application is removed from the shortlisting process. Please make sure that the file names of the documents you attach contain your name (first name and surname).
Please note we will look at applications on arrival and reserve the right to bring the closing date forward at any time.
Thank you for your interest in supporting our work at the Soil Association.