Salary: £13,953 (0.6 FTE £23,254)
Contract: Fixed Term until 31st May 2021
Hours: 22.5 hours per week (3 days)
At Food for Life we champion making good food the easy choice for everyone. With Food for Life Get Togethers, we are supporting local people to connect with their community through cooking, growing and eating together. We are giving people of all ages and backgrounds the chance to get to know each other while sharing good, healthy food. Food for Life is a Soil Association programme – find out more about who we are here.
About the opportunity
Are you passionate about positively changing people’s lives through the power of good food? If you are looking to apply your professional skills to a cause you feel passionately about and know you are making a difference, then this is the role for you!
Whether it’s picking up the phone to talk to a community group hosting a Get Together event, processing financial data on CRM relating to our small grants awards, or conducting evaluation over the phone, this is an opportunity to be part of a team that aims to bring people of all ages from different generations together, promote a healthy relationship with food for kids, and work to tackle loneliness and isolation.
We are looking for:
• Excellent customer service skills combing great efficiency with a friendly approach
• Experience in conducting analysis and obtaining feedback over the phone, and the effective and accurate recording of this data
• An experienced administrator with great attention to detail and an ability to work efficiently at busy times, using initiative to find answers and solutions to user needs and enquiries
• Confident use of a database / CRM and administration systems for processing and managing personal data
Commitment to Safeguarding
The Soil Association and FFL are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people that we work with. In accordance with this commitment we ensure that we follow a thorough and safe recruitment and selection process for all roles that work with children.
Our employee benefits
Working with us you will have a range of financial and lifestyle benefits, including:
• 27 days annual holiday (pro rata) plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days with service
• A defined contribution pension scheme
• Free membership of the Soil Association Charity
• Discounts on organic produce, farm visits
• Volunteer days to give back to the local community or support green initiatives
• Family friendly policies, flexible working and childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 9th December 2019
Interviews are expected to take place in Bristol w/c 16th December 2019
Start date: No later than Monday 20th January 2020
Please note we will look at applications on arrival and reserve the right to bring the closing date forward at any time.
To make an application for this role please send your CV and cover letter, indicating how you meet the criteria on the Job Description, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also complete our equal ops monitoring form and return this along with your CV and cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in the Soil Association and our job opportunities.