Sustainable diets for Scotland
- Have low environmental impact
- Are high in nutrition and low in processed foods
- Are fresh and seasonal
- Are diverse and balanced, containing a range of fruit, vegetables, wholegrains and proteins
- Contain less but better (grass-fed not grain-fed) meat
- Contain more and better plants (fruit, vegetables, pulses, wholegrains)
Read more from Soil Association Scotland on what a transition to sustainable diets could mean for Scotland.
Take cuts to school meals off the menu
Local authorities are under huge pressure to find savings. But putting ultra-processed food on children’s school dinner plates is a false economy.
The Power of Public Food
Public food has the power for good. Watch our latest webinar and learn about public procurement across the globe here.