Read Our Organic Standards
Read our Organic Standards
The new EU Organic Regulation (EC) 2018/848, is applicable from 1st January 2022 and will apply to all licensees in Northern Ireland. Licensees in Great Britain will continue to be certified to regulations 834/2007 and 889/2008. You can find the respective standards for licensees in both Great Britain and Northern Ireland below.
Standards for licensees in Great Britain
Standards documents for licensees in Great Britain, including farming & growing, food & drink, aquaculture and seaweed.
Health & Beauty
Standards for organic and natural health and beauty products. This includes the international COSMOS standard, and the Soil Association Health and Beauty standard.
An amendment to EC Regulation No 1235/2008 has been published. It covers arrangements for imports of organic products from third countries. Please find a link to this amendment (Regulation EU 2020/786) here.
For the most up-to-date versions of the EU Organic Regulations, including EC Regulation No 834/2007, EC Regulation No 889/2008, EC Regulation No 1235/2008 and the New Organic Regulation (EU) 2018/848, please follow the link here.
- European Commission Organic Farming
- EU importing guidelines
- Aquaculture: EU Production rules for aquaculture licensees are detailed in EU Regulation No 889/2008, with further amendments published via EU Regulation No 1358/2014
- Canada Organic Regime (COR): COR Scheme manual | COR Aquaculture Standard (and interpretation) | COR general management standard (and interpretation) | COR permitted substances list
- International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements - EU Group (IFOAM)
- IFOAM norms
- National Organic Program (NOP) - USDA Regulation