- Soil Association
This Policy applies to:
- Soil Association Limited. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 206862 and as a charity in Scotland no. SC039168. Registered as a company no. 00409726.
- Soil Association Certification Limited. Registered as a company no.00726903
- SA Sales and Services Limited. Registered as a company no. 02313146
- Soil Association Land Trust Limited. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 1121011. Registered as a company no. 06259578.
The Soil Association Limited, Soil Association Certification Limited and Soil Association Sales and Services Limited are registered as data controllers with the Information Commissioner for the United Kingdom.
We are committed to protecting your privacy and security. Whenever you provide personal information to us, we will treat that information in accordance with this Policy, current UK Data Protection legislation and Internet best practice.
You can use most of the features of our websites without disclosing any personal information. A few optional features on the sites ask you to provide some personal information (e.g. name and address, email address). In respect of our websites this Policy should be read in conjunction with our Website Terms and Conditions.
We will analyse information provided by you in order to determine which communications are most effective and help us to reduce our administration cost.
If you have already supplied us with personal information you can change your instructions on what we hold and how we use it at any time by using the contact details at the end of this Policy.
How we use your personal information
Personal information provided by you to us via our websites, social media channels, responses to our communications, emails and telephone calls will be used for the purposes outlined at the time of collection in accordance with the preferences you express.
Personal information collected or processed by us may be used for the following purposes:
- Administration of memberships and subscriptions
- Fulfilment of orders/contracts for goods and services requested
- Administration of donations and legacies
- Administration of competitions
- In-house research and statistical analysis
- Communication about our charitable campaigns and activities
- To process job and volunteering applications
- To provide a personalised service when you visit our websites
- Communication, including offers, from carefully selected organisations
- To provide you with information which we think may be of interest to you
We will not sell your data to any third party but we may share your personal data with trusted service providers in order to fulfil the above services. Where this service is done on our behalf this is done under contract and appropriate security measures are taken.
Your consent to how we use your personal information
By providing personal data you consent to its processing as described in this Policy.
At each point of data collection or registration you are given options to decide whether or not you are willing to receive future direct marketing material from us or other carefully selected organisations. Where you do not opt-out of such communications we may send you information as set out in this Policy.
If at any point you would like to opt out of receiving communications, including marketing, from us or would like to change the channel of communication for example from post to email, please contact us using the details at the end of this Policy.
Access to your own personal information
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your record (this is known as a ‘subject access request’). We ask that you request this in writing from us using the contact details at the end of this Policy. We will require you to confirm your identity before releasing this information.
We reserve the right to charge a fee of £10 for any such request.
Telephone Preference Service
We will not make marketing calls to you if you are registered with the Telephone Preference Service (TPS) unless you have consented to receiving calls from us.
You may still receive other types of telephone calls from us as long as they are not marketing calls such as checking the accuracy of information we hold or to rectify problems with payments. We do outsource some of the telephone calling we carry out but will only ever use carefully selected organisations that we monitor regularly.
Notification of changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time. Notice of any change will be posted on our website and will be deemed effective on publication.
This Policy will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this Policy shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- How to contact us about matters covered in this policy