Spicy Prawns with Mint Yogurt Chutney
Barbecues are a favourite on long warm summer days and this spicy Indian style recipe from Yeo Vally confirms why:
"A light Indian inspired dish which requires very little preparation or cooking. Using Yeo Valley fat free natural yogurt is a great way to create a creamy flavour without piling on the pounds. This is a perfect dish when you need healthy food fast. The light aromatic chutney is also delicious for dipping crudities and strips of naan bread into."
- 450g (16oz) large raw prawns, peeled and de-veined
- 100g (4oz) Yeo Valley 0% Free Natural Yogurt
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Metal or wooden skewers
- Mix together the prawns with the rest of the ingredients except the fresh coriander leaves. Cover and chill and marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Thread the prawns onto skewers and place under the grill. Grill until golden brown (about 5 minutes) turning during cooking to ensure they are brown all over. Sprinkle over the fresh coriander leaves and serve with the apple and mint chutney.
Quick tip: If using wooden skewers, soak them for 30 minutes in cold water to prevent them burning during cooking.
Apple and Mint Chutney
- 300g (10½oz) Yeo Valley Organic 0% Free Natural Yogurt
- ½tsp salt
- 1tsp finely chopped root ginger
- 2tbsp finely chopped mint
- 1 eating apple – peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1tsp mustard seed
- Little lemon juice to taste
- Whisk together all the ingredients except the mustard seeds.
- Place the mustard seeds in a non stick frying pan and sauté until the mustard seeds start to sizzle and pop.
- Add to the yogurt mixture and mix well.
- Cover and chill until required. This will keep in the refrigerator for up to 2 days