Website Terms & Conditions
This statement of terms and conditions govern your use of our websites. By using our websites, you accept these terms and conditions in full. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our websites.
This statement applies to all websites owned by:
- Soil Association Limited. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 206862 and as a charity in Scotland no. SC039168. Registered as a company no. 00409726.
- Soil Association Certification Limited. Registered as a company no.00726903
- SA Sales and Services Limited. Registered as a company no. 02313146
- Soil Association Land Trust Limited. Registered as a charity in England and Wales no. 1121011. Registered as a company no. 06259578.
2. Accuracy of website content
The information provided in our websites is intended to provide general information only and, as such, should not be considered as a substitute for advice covering any specific situation. Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the information on our websites is correct, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of that information and we will not be held liable for any errors or omissions. The material on our websites may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
3. Website cookies and tracking
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks
- Make our marketing more efficient
4. Material you post to our website
In respect of all material that you post on our website, you agree to grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material in any media, together with the right to sub-licence such rights. Where possible your permission to use such material will be sought. If you do not wish to grant us such licences please do not post material to our website.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material you post to our website. Where we consider material to be objectionable, offensive, illegal, in violation of copyright or harmful to the functioning of the website we make take such action as we deem appropriate including suspending or cancelling your website account or restricting your access to our website.
You agree to indemnify us in full against all liabilities, costs, claims or expenses in relation to a third party claim that your submission or contribution infringes the intellectual property rights of that third party.
5. Website security
We hold your personal data in accordance with the security provisions of the UK Data Protection legislation. Where our websites request payment card or bank details from you we use industry standard Secure Server Software (SSL) to encrypt personal information, including credit card number, name and address. The link between your web browser and the server is secure if your web browser displays a small padlock or key symbol somewhere in the frame, or the address bar shows a web address beginning https:// (rather than http://).
Where you or we have provided a password enabling you to access parts of our websites or use our services it is your responsibility to keep this password safe. Please don’t share your password with anyone.
6. Intellectual property
Unless otherwise stated, we or our licensors own the intellectual property rights in our websites and the content on them. Subject to the licence below, all these intellectual property rights are reserved.
You may view, download for caching purposes only, and print pages from the website for your own personal use, subject to the restrictions below. You must not:
- Republish material from this website (including republication on another website)
- Sell, rent or otherwise sub-license material on the website
- Reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for a commercial purpose
- Edit or otherwise modify any material on the website
- Redistribute material from this website - except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution (such as our newsletter)
7. Links to third party websites
Our websites and communications may contain links to many other websites. This information is supplied in good faith, in case it is of interest, or use, to you. We are not responsible for the content or functionality of any external website.
If an external website requests personal information from you this information is supplied to, stored and used by the organisation concerned and it is not covered by this statement. We advise you to read the privacy policies of other organisations before providing any personal data.
In purchasing goods or services from any of the partners to which we provide links, you are forming a contract with the organisation(s) concerned and are subject to their terms and conditions and not ours.
8. Notification of changes to this statement
We reserve the right to amend this statement at any time. Notice of any change will be posted on our website and will be deemed effective on publication.
9. Governing law
This statement will be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. All claims or disputes arising out of or in connection with this statement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
10. How to contact us about matters covered in this statement
If you wish to talk to us about any aspect of this statement please contact us.