Farming events and webinars
Future farming resilience events
What to expect
These events run under the Defra Future Farming Resilience Fund, are designed to provide targeted and specialist resilience support to farmers and land managers. They are particularly designed for organic, low input and in-conversion farms, though all farmers and land owners are welcome.
Farms that straddle borders with Wales and Scotland are eligible to take part, as long as they have some land in England.
In these sessions, you'll learn about:
Impact on your farm business
- the effect the latest changes will have on current scheme holders and payments;
- the impact of reductions to direct payments on your business;
- planning and adapting your business to make the most of what's on offer.
Detail of ELMs, CS and SFI
- what the components of ELMs (Environmental Land Management scheme) are, and how they will best reward organic and low input farmers;
- how you can make the best use of Countryside Stewardship (CS) and the Sustainable Farming Incentive (SFI).
Book your place now
In person events
Tuesday 12th March: 5-7pm (King's Sutton, nr Banbury OX17 3PG) >> Reserve your place here
Thursday 18th April: 11am-3pm (Grange Farm, Butt Lane, nr Loughborough LE12 5EE) >> Reserve your place here
Wednesday 24th April: 6-7.15pm (HORTICULTURE SPECIAL) >> Reserve your place here
Wednesday 8th May: 6-7.15pm >> Reserve your place here
Wednesday 4th September: 6-7.15pm >> Reserve your place here
Wednesday 16th October: 6-7.15pm >> Reserve your place here
Future proof your farm: support and resources
Find out more about how to navigate the changes in farming support and payments. Information covers:
- why choose us
- what we're offering
- Defra resources
- environmental calculators
- mental health support
You can also email us at email@example.com.
Past events to watch again
Groundswell 2023: links to recordings of our sessions and panel discussions.
Agroforestry carbon code: find out more, and scroll to the end of the page to see our recent event.
Agroecotech conference: watch our recent event on YouTube
Integrated pest management: watch these case study videos, showcasing participants of the Farming the Future programme with Nature Friendly Farming Network, RSPB, Pesticide Action Network and CoFarm Foundation on the Agricology website.