We hold ISO17065 accreditation, which is the international standard for bodies operating product certification systems. Our systems are scrutinised by third party auditors who assess our methods of inspection, conformity assessment, competence, organisational structure, relationships with related bodies, quality management and internal control. This ensures we are operating a certification system in a ‘consistent and reliable manner’.
Inspection and certification schemes
We hold accreditation/ approval for a number of inspection and certification schemes including:
We are the sole certifier for the Soil Association standards. The Soil Association standards incorporate the requirements of the organic regulations. This means our certification allows you to legally market your food and feed products as organic. It also permits you to use the Soil Association organic symbol on pack.
For products within the scope of the regulation, Defra is the competent authority in Great Britain, and NICA is the competent authority in Northern Ireland.
Copies of our current UKAS accreditation schedule can be found online or we can provide copies upon request.
Other organic standards
We also certify to other organic standards including:
- Canadian Organic Regime Organic Aquaculture Standard: For producers, processors and manufacturers of aquaculture products in the UK, whose aquaculture products are destined for sale as organic in Canada.
- Global Organic Textiles Standards: For manufacturers, processors, packers, brandholders, importers, exporters, retailers and wholesalers of textile products. Not legally required for sale as organic.
- Cosmetics Organic Standards: For manufacturers, processors, packers, brand holders, importers and retailers of health & beauty care and homeware products and ingredients. Not legally required for sale as organic.
Copies of our current IOAS accreditation schedule can be found online or we can provide copies upon request.
Forestry, Wood and Paper Accreditation
- Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®)
We have been accredited by Assurance Services International (ASI) to deliver FSC Forest Management, Controlled Wood and Chain of Custody certification worldwide, since 01 July 1995. Accreditation code: FSC-ACC-002. FSC Trademark License Code FSC A000525
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)
We are accredited by UKAS to provide PEFC Chain of Custody and Forest Management certification in the UK and many other countries. PEFC licence code: PEFC/16-44-917.
- European Union Timber Regulation Monitoring Organisation
Since 30th January 2015 we have been an approved Monitoring Organisation (MO) for the European Union Timber Regulation.