- Soil Association
- Who We Are
- Scrutiny Committee
Certification scrutiny committee
This committee (CSC for short) is a group of independent people brought in to oversee our work. They are impartial, independent experts who report to our board. At their bi-annual meetings their task is to:
- safeguard the impartiality of our work
- ensure we are operating to the high level of integrity expected of us
- review our activities, especially how well we operate to the requirements of ISO17065 (International standard for product certification)
- Maintain oversight, and ensure the effectiveness, of our quality management system
They review our work in several ways, including interviewing staff and selecting from our certification decisions, complaint and certification files.
Every member is bound by a strict confidentiality agreement and remains impartial. CSC members will be a stakeholder representing one or more of these key interests:
- certified operators/licensees
- retailers/brandholders/logo users
- professional, academic and governmental organisations
- certification and accreditation experts
- governmental or regulatory bodies
- certification scheme owners
Our schemes that the CSC review include:
- Soil Association organic
- EU organic
- Canadian Organic Regime (COR)
- Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS)
- Textile Exchange
- COSMOS organic and natural
- Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
- Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC)
- Woodland Carbon Code
The Chair of the CSC is Chontelle Wright.
For more details of committee terms and members, please contact us on 0117 914 2406.
In this section...