Charity Lottery License and Rules
Read Our Charity Lottery License and Rules
Weekly Charity Lottery License
The Soil Association is registered with the Charity commission for England and Wales, charity number 206862 and with the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator, charity number SCO39168. The Soil Association is registered with Bristol City Council to operate this lottery under registration number 23/01794/GALOTT.
The responsible person for this charity lottery is Louisa Pharoah, Director of Development, who can be contacted at Soil Association, Spear House, 51 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6AD.
Weekly Charity Lottery Rules
1. The rules for the Lottery require entrants to be over the age of 18, therefore players will be required to provide their date of birth and to affirm that they are over the age of 18.
2. Any Player who has entered and/or participated in the Lottery who is subsequently found to be underage will be excluded from any future entries, receive a refund for amounts which have been paid but which relate to future draws, and not receive any prizes that might have been due to them, and if prizes have already been paid out, all reasonable attempts will be made to recover them.
3. Players are not permitted to purchase Chances on behalf of any other person.
4. The Lottery is open to residents of England, Wales and Scotland. No entrants are allowed from Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, or the Isle of Man.
5. The cost of each Chance is £1 per week and payment must be received and cleared before entry to the weekly draw.
6. Players can sign up to a maximum of 5 Chances per Society weekly lottery on Affinity on the condition they do not exceed more than 50 Chances across all participating societies.
7. Entry will be paid by monthly Direct Debit, £4 or £5, or multiples of these amounts if you have more than one chance.
8. Payment will be collected directly from your bank account, dependent on the number of draws in between your payment dates. This will enable entries to be made into every draw. Payments will be referenced as Affinity Lottery on your bank statement.
9. The Society and/or Woods Valldata may refuse to accept an entry for an individual to become a Player of the Lottery.
10. Employees of the Society and Woods Valldata directly involved in the Lottery operations are excluded from playing the Lottery.
11. A single draw for all Society lotteries using Affinity will take place every Friday, except when a Friday falls on a Bank Holiday, in which case the draw will take place on the next working day.
12. The draws are conducted by Woods Valldata, who use a random number generator, tested and approved by a Gambling Commission certified test house.
13. Winners will be notified by either post, email or telephone within 7 days.
14. A list of the winning ticket numbers, initial, surname and town of winners’ will be published on the website e.g. J Bloggs from Swindon.
16. Winners for the 1st and 2nd prize will be determined by whether a Player’s Numbers relating to a Chance in the Lottery matches all or some of the Winning Number as described below:
1st prize – All six numbers of the Player’s Numbers match the Winning Number.
2nd prize – Five numbers of the Player’s Number match five numbers of the Winning Number.
17. If the Winning Number is drawn and more than one Player’s Number matches all six numbers, then the 1st prize value will be shared equally between each winner.
18. If the Winning Number is drawn and more than one Player’s Number matches 5 numbers, then the 2nd prize value will be shared equally between each winner.
19. If no Player’s Numbers match all six or five numbers of the Winning Number, then the 1st and/or 2nd prize will not be paid out and there will be no rollover.
20. Winners for the 3rd, 4th and 5th prizes will be drawn randomly from all eligible Chances excluding any 1st and 2nd prize chances;
The first 5 Chances drawn will receive the 3rd prize
The next 10 Chances drawn will receive the 4th prize
The final 20 Chances drawn will receive the 5th prize
21. The prizes for the Lottery are:
Six Number Match – 1st prize £25,000.00
Five Number Match – 2nd prize £1,000.00
5 x 3rd prize £20.00
10 x 4th prize £10.00
20 x 5th prize £5.00
The Lottery is intended to be a fun way to support the Society’s charitable aims and the vital work it does. If you feel that you have a problem with gambling and wish to be self-excluded from the Lottery, please either:
Telephone 0330 002 1517 to speak to a member of our team, or alternatively if you would prefer not to speak to someone you can telephone 0345 120 1363 and leave a message.
Download the self-exclusion form here, and post it to Affinity Lottery, Lansdowne House, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wilts, SN14 6NG
Find out more
For more information about gambling responsibly, please visit Be Gamble Aware. Players must be over 18 to play.Visit BeGambleAware.org
If you have any questions about playing the Soil Association Charity Lottery, please contact us by
Phone: 0300 330 0022
Please see the Soil Association Charity Lottery Terms and Conditions and the complaints and disputes procedure online for further details.
The Soil Association is registered with Bristol City Council to operate this lottery under registration number 23/01794/GALOTT.
Responsible Person: Louisa Pharoah, Director of Development, Soil Association, Spear House, 51 Victoria Street, Bristol, BS1 6AD.