Understanding Organic: On-farm Experience
On-farm Experience Day: Yeo Valley Organic Farm, Blagdon
Join us for an in-depth, interactive and exclusive one-day course to immerse yourself in organic on a working farm. We’ll help you get to grips with what organic means, its principles, origins, benefits and uniqueness, alongside insights on the market and consumer.
An informative and inspirational day on Yeo Valley Organic Farm in Somerset’s stunning Mendip Hills, you’ll leave feeling empowered to communicate the benefits of organic in a simple and easy to understand way to your customers, teams, friends and family. A day for all the senses, you’ll also experience organic in action during the farm and garden tour as well as enjoy an organic feast from Yeo Valley’s award-winning canteen.
This is a unique opportunity to soak up Soil Association Certification and Yeo Valley's combined expertise, plus network and hear others’ experiences of the industry.
This day is relevant and helpful to anyone involved in selling organic - from business owners, to buyers, developers, salespeople and marketers, and technical staff, as well as members of your communications and press teams and agencies.
The Soil Association Certification’s ‘Organic in a Day’ is a really worthwhile session on a stunning farm which brings organic to life — understanding the ‘association with the soil’ for organic farming is fundamental to being able to sell organic to consumers.Kim Gieske, HR Director - Planet Organic
The day includes:
- Kick things off with expert sessions led by Soil Association Certification, covering what organic means, commercial considerations and consumer motivations. Examples of what you’ll learn include:
- The story of food production and why organic offers a different approach
- A look at some of the real-world benefits and impacts
- Who purchases organic products and where they shop
- Which organic products sell best?
- Opportunities that organic brings your business
- Yeo Valley will then serve a delicious local and organic lunch in their Head Office restaurant before sharing their approach to organic farming, production and branding
- The afternoon brings theory to life with a comprehensive tour of the 500 hectare Soil Association certified Holt Farm, a close-up opportunity to see their approach to organic farming and gardening in action.
£100 + VAT per person, including refreshments, lunch and farm tour.
2022 dates for our On-farm Experience to be announced.
Sign up for an Understanding Organic: Virtual Learning Session instead.
Virtual Learning Session
If you can't join us at the farm, we've condensed our expertise into two-hour virtual learning sessions. Held online so you can participate from wherever you are, these sessions are designed to equip you and your team with knowledge and confidence to sell, support and communicate what it means to be organic.Find Out More