Understanding Organic: On-farm Experiences
On-farm Experience Days
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
Ask 100 people what organic is and they could each come back with a different answer. How many truly understand what organic farming is or appreciate the significant contribution organic can make to all our futures?
One of the most powerful and impactful ways to gain an understanding of organic is to immerse yourself in the working world of an organic farm. It’s why we developed the on-farm experience days, now 10 years on and continuing to inspire and influence people from across the food industry, from CEOs and government officials to retail assistants, factory workers and marketing executives.
Watch the video below for a flavour of our on-farm experience days:
Whether you’re looking for a masterclass in organic or you want your team to leave buzzing with a renewed sense of purpose, we invite you to register to join us this summer. Spend time with the organic experts who can show you how it really works, in the inspirational surroundings of a working organic farm.
During this immersive outing you’ll enjoy fascinating insights, delicious food and wonderful nature – and the chance to ask all the questions you’ve ever wanted to know but were afraid to ask! It truly is a learning experience like no other.
The bees are buzzing and the kettle’s on, so grab your wellies and we’ll see down you on the farm.
A really worthwhile session on a stunning farm which brings organic to lifeKim Gieske, HR Director - Planet Organic
What to expect on the day:
- Fun and fascinating sessions led by Soil Association Certification experts to help build your knowledge of organic principles, commercials, and consumers
- A delicious local and organic lunch
- A comprehensive farm tour with an experienced organic farmer to get you close to nature and bring organic principles to life
- Tea and cake before we bid you farewell
To be able to apply all the learnings from the morning session to the workings of a real organic farm in the afternoon was amazing.Laura Tucker, Organic Herb Trading
£125 + VAT per person, including refreshments, lunch and farm tour.
New dates for 2024!
- Tuesday 14th May 2024 - 9.30-16:00
- Tuesday 11th June 2024 - 9.30-16:00
- Wednesday 10th July 2024 - 9.30-16:00
- Tuesday 10th September 2024 - 9.30-16:00