What is GOTS?
Global Organic Textiles Standard
GOTS is the leading textile processing standard for organic fibres. When we certify to the GOTS standard, we check every step of the supply chain, from harvesting through production, processing, manufacturing and labelling. We also consider the environmental management and social responsibility of producers.
The Gold standard for the sustainable processing of textiles
The video below will show you why GOTS is the gold standard for sustainable processing of textiles made from organically grown fibres (such as cotton or wool).
Find out more about GOTS
The Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) is recognised as the world's leading processing standard for textiles made from organic fibres. It defines high-level environmental criteria along the entire organic textiles supply chain and requires compliance with social criteria as well.Download the criteria
GOTS is a voluntary standard - key facts
- GOTS approved products must contain at least 70% organic fibre content
- GOTS approved products never contain potentially harmful chemicals which can be found in conventional textile production
- GOTS approved companies are better for the environment (by managing their environmental impact, have high social standards, reduce energy and review water usage)
- GOTS means safe working conditions, no discrimination and no child labour
- GOTS approved products have the entire supply chain verified, even the farms must have certification to a legally recognised standard.
- The details matter! Buttons, threads, zips have to also meet strict residue criteria of GOTS
- GOTS Certification is carried out by independent companies and facilities are physically inspected to verify standards are met.