OCS Textiles Certification
Organic Content Standard Certification
This scheme verifies that a product has met organic standards throughout its journey – from raw material to finished product. When we certify to OCS standards, we work with producers to ensure a final product contains the accurate amount of a given organically grown material.
The Goal of the Organic Content Standard (OCS) is to ensure trust in organic content claims.
The OCS accomplishes this goal by verifying the presence and amount of Organic Material in a final product. It provides a strong chain of custody system from the source of the organic raw material to the final product through certification.
OCS has two different types of Certification:
- OCS 100 logo is used for only for product that contains 95% or more organic material.
- OCS blended is used for products that contain 5% minimum of organic material blended with conventional or synthetic raw materials.
What you need to know - key facts
- OCS is a voluntary standard
- OCS approved products have the entire supply chain verified, even the farms must have certification to a legally recognised standard.
- OCS Certification is carried out by independent companies and facilities are physically inspected to verify standards are met.