Quick Chicken Pho - 25 Minutes
This speedy Vietnamese Chicken Pho from The Urban Kitchen takes just 25 minutes to prepare, ideal for a quick dinner that's still packed with nutritious goodies.
- 300ml good quality chicken stock
- 2 star anise
- 1 small thumb of ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 small head of Pak Choi
- 1 organic spring onion, sliced diagonally
- 50g bean sprouts
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- some sprigs of fresh coriander
- 50g King Soba rice noodles (I like pumpkin and ginger)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- 100g organic chicken breast
- Heat the chicken broth gently in a pan with the star anise.
- Meanwhile, marinate the chicken breast in the soy sauce and garlic.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions
- Heat a frying pan and cook the chicken until it's cooked through, whilst wilting the Pak Choi in the same pan.
- Add the noodles to the hot stock and heat up until almost boiling and the noodles are cooked (about 6 min).
- Pour the stock into a bowl with the noodles and add the Pak choy, noodles and ginger matchsticks.
- Slice the chicken and arrange on the broth.
- Garnish with the bean sprouts, chilli, coriander, spring onions and drizzle with sesame oil and lime juice.